Shikakai ( (Acacia concinna) : 50gm
Manufacturer by :
Shikakai acts as a natural astringent for hair enhancing as it consists of binding properties.
The Ayurvedic herb is often used as a shampoo replacement because of its excellent cleansing properties. Popularly found in central India, Shikakai is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, K, and D, which help nourish hair and keep it healthy.
Benefits of Shikakai for Hair:
Adds shine and softness to hairs
Gives you stronger, thicker hair
Prevents a dry scalp
Heals minor wounds
Gently detangles hair
How to make shikakai shampoo:
- Soak a few dried shikakai pods, little reetha and dried amla overnight.
- Boil the water the next morning until the pods soften.
- Cool, mash and strain the liquid, and use it as your shampoo.
- Remember it will not lather as much as a readymade shampoo, but it does the job better.
- You can also boil dried shikakai or shikakai powder, neem leaves, fenugreek powder and some dried amla in a cup of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool, mash and strain the liquid.
- Use the water as a natural shampoo.